Sessional Programme Teachers/Tutors – Inspired Directions School
Our independent school, The Inspired Directions School (IDS), offering alternative provision for learners whose needs cannot be met within mainstream education achieved independent school status in June 2014 and was graded as “good” in all areas in its first Ofsted inspection in June 2015. Fundamental to its ethos are the values of Individuality, Collectivism and Progression. The personality, interests and needs of each young person are at the core of our approach. We are committed to the on-going and future progress of all learners and have developed a broad and flexible curriculum which enables us to meet a range of learning needs in developing a personalised timetable for each student.
We are currently putting together a flexible bank of teachers/tutors to provide support and cover for curriculum delivery across all areas during busy periods. We are looking for motivated, organised and resourceful individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the successful progression of all learners. Candidates will have experience of working in an EBD setting or with students who have special educational needs and associated challenging behaviours. The roles will broadly involve:
- Supporting or leading classroom delivery of school curriculum
- Providing 1-to-1 pastoral and mentoring support to disengaged young people
- Liaising with student parents and carers
- Maintaining student discipline in accordance with the School’s procedures
- Accompanying, monitoring and visiting young people during off-site placements
Hourly rates: £15 per hour to £18 per hour (depending on roles and responsibilities)
Please see further details in the Programme Teacher and Programme Tutor Support Staff – Job description
If you are interested in being part of our flexible delivery staffing, please send us:
- Your CV
- A covering letter with preferred working dates/time if applicable, specifying preference for work across primary or secondary school age groups.
- Inspire! Equal Opportunities Form
Please send all three documents via email to email@example.com.
Should you have any queries, please contact us on 020 7275 6060.Download job description Download equal opportunities form